Monday, March 22, 2010

I Don't Have Time for This

I don't have time for this. I don't have time for this. I don't have time for this.

But this blog has been kicking around in my head for a long time.

It's a political blog. Sort of. My thoughts, and links to thoughts of others.

And a bit of a personal blog – maybe there’ll be a few comments on Belle the World’s Wimpiest German Shepherd and comments on what’s happening on Wildcat Creek. But I’ll spare you a lot of that.

This blog will examine other things in which I'm interested and hope to make interesting to you: the cultural wars, perhaps.

And biblical issues.

The problem is, I don’t have time for this.

But, like a lot of people, given the events of the weekend, I will be making time for new things. (Now learning to get by with four hours of sleep some nights, instead of five).

I am a conservative – that’s CONSERVATIVE. Without apology. I believe in an old-fashioned concept called American exceptionalism. That means I believe that a group of 18th century geniuses applied biblical principles to organize a government based upon freedom of the individual but one that recognized the need to keep in check the sinful nature of human beings. It actually goes back further than the 18th century, but that’s for discussion at another time.

Primarily this blog will be about politics.

And politics is not my idea of a good time.

Yet I felt compelled to serve on a board position in the local Tea Party for awhile. Now I'm actively working in a political campaign. And my sweetie and I are examining political offices we may run for in the future. We’ve become active in the Republican Party because they’re the only game in town that will tolerate – and I emphasize the word “tolerate” -- people like us. But I recognize how the Republican establishment opposes what we believe in.

Again, politics is not my idea of a good time. But that's how we got to where we are: people with little or no interest in politics have been working jobs, raising kids, coaching soccer, helping their churches and communities. As a result, we’ve allowed the power-hungry, the greedy, the venal, and the unprincipled to take over our political system.

And the Democrats are bad, too.

So on with the show.

Below are links to things being said today.

Welcome to Wildcat Creek.

2 comments:

  1. We all know you don't have time for this.

    BUT MAKE TIME! You have the intellect and skill sets to make a huge difference.

    Keep up the good work bro'!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Brother Mike!!! ~ Tracie

    ReplyDelete